Lost in transition

Dear esteemed reader,

I say reader in singular form because for all I know there is just one of you. Firstly let me state my categorical appreciation for your loyalty in perusing these pages - these opinions, snippets of news, these poor substitutes for wit and insight and the odd attempt at what had previously been known as writing.

Secondly, let it hereby be known that this blog, formerly hosted at a location which shall remain undisclosed, is now hosted here. In the rigours of transition, my postings have arrived dishevelled, starved of their former adornment and in a somewhat skeletal form. Nevertheless I am thankful for their arrival alive. I regret, however, to inform you that your fair comments did not survive this frightfully stormy sojourn, though I am sure they are now in a better place. May the ripples cast by your thoughts and comments last eternally, and may you and others continue to grace my postings with more from whence the others so thoughfully traversed.

I take this opportunity to also refer you to two blogs, which alter egos of mine may (or may not) frequent as supposed authors, and which deserve a status undoubtedly more premium than this questionable excuse for a blog: The Neocrats, an international force comprised of the out-famous Mogogo, Saleem, Mandel Cola, Lincoln and Sarmad, whose piercing wit no earthly force shall endure, and The Ponderous Folk, an unlikely aggregation very soon to be engaged in a high enterprise (but you must watch their space for now).

Friends, Nomans, I also request the borrowing of your patience, for this blog shall experience a patch of rest during a period of cessation of bombardments on my behalf. This is not due to lack of want, but my pre-occupation with a week of postgraduate exam preparations in a very sleepy subject (sedation, to be precise).

Till we should collide again,

A. Moving Form

9 Responses to “Lost in transition”

1. 1 The Commentator November 6, 2006 at 6:47 pm

Do not be modest, there is more than one reader on this site… There are at least 3 readers.

2. 2 Sanisha November 7, 2006 at 4:12 pm

hi, your blog looks way cooler now (like its braces have been removed :) so we look forward to many more things musings and newsings that will make us readers smile, ciao.

3. 3 Misagh November 7, 2006 at 8:50 pm

Hey! Good to have you back Sanisha. Thanks for illustrating your approval of the new blog design with a dental example. I’d be lost otherwise. You’d probably be suprised to hear though, that teenage girls now really want braces, often because others have them or for the snazzy coloured bands they can put on them.

Strange, but that’s straight up. Yes, that was a pun.

And “The Commentator,” welcome to my blog.

4. 4 Sanisha November 8, 2006 at 7:03 pm

wow, the lengths that girls will go to belong!!…braces…i am lucky i never needed them, but maybe i should invest in some if that is what will make me feel a part of generation X?Y?or is it now Z? anyway…

I took a squizz at your ponderous folk blog, nice layout also, in fact that is the template i chose for a blog that I started last month but only got as far as one post.i think i would use it as a place to store things that i don’t know what to do with seeing as my previous blogs did not generate any actual comments, like i was the only reader, although stats tell me there were about 8 regular.

what do you think Misagh, is having a personal blog worth it?

5. 5 Misagh November 9, 2006 at 3:03 am

Yeah it’s a bit like that. Unless you have the types of friends who get a kick out of blogging, they don’t generally leave comments. And to this must us crazy bloggers be resigned. In fact most of my friends probably 1/ don’t go online much and 2/ think i must have too much time on my hands.

This blog is not exactly a storehouse of comments (for now) but it gets enough hits to know that there are actual people who are not leaving comments. If you enjoy using the spare moment to write whatever, you might as well blog it - saves having to forget where you saved it! “And why should the world be deprived of Sanisha’s voice?” said I. “Yeah, why?” said the world.

So word around the planet is, you’re something like 57.78% Indian? What’s the rest? You must have a complicated ancestry.

6. 6 Sanisha November 9, 2006 at 3:02 pm

hi Misagh. this time zone business really puts a spanner in the works, it’s late in Sydney now right ? i hope the studying for your exam is going well and you are not burning too much midnight oil, at least switch to LED eco -friendly bulbs :) and then i do hope you blog more of those sci/fi posts here …speaking of which i found an interesting article in the NY times about our genes and morality which I was asking about in an earlier/delted comment, here is the link, it’s a pity now you have to buy the newspaper clipping, or buy the book that is featured there :

in the meantime, I should investigate the other 44% of my genes(classified as Cape Malay ‘race’…which is a complicated mix) and also give my blog a re-think, thanks for the encouragement.

7. 7 Misagh November 9, 2006 at 5:16 pm

Yay! All 4 exams completed and now i’m a post-graduand, pending results… Thanks for asking. Yes, evening and dark here now, as I sit typing, illuminated by the eco-friendly lights overhead.

I’ll try to get back into some science/culture/belief postings, the original “vibe” of this blog.

Okay, so Indian “Cape” Malay from Zambia? Is that right or have I got it all wrong? I see so much of you here and on the Neocrats that now I’m curious to know more. MORE!

8. 8 Sanisha November 10, 2006 at 2:17 pm

this is your friendly (Indian ‘Cape Malay’ South African)commenter here, I realised I would much rather sit on my high horse and comment than to put myself out there, on the battlefield again….besides, my last blogs,broke my cringe-o-meter so i cannot trust myself to say anything that i won’t make me want to run and hide, i should get a life :)

9. 9 Misagh November 10, 2006 at 2:51 pm

Great. High horse commentators welcome here, safe from the projectile bombardments of the battlefield.